Thursday, October 15, 2009

Misconceptions

I was sitting here waiting for that big boom. I thought I would run into his arms. He'd be in his uniform, scoop me up, and just lay one on me... Someone call Eisenstaedt, because that kiss would become legendary. It would be history for me and him. And then the doves would fly, and the sun would set... And now I realize that everything in life is not like Hollywood. There was no incredible encounter like I expected. It was pretty anti-climatic to tell the truth. And maybe I'm so uneasy about everything because it's not going the way I planned. Because I actually realize that maybe he didn't even miss me. Maybe he doesn't care about me. Scratch that, I know he doesn't. But I just figured there would be Something. Anything. But right now, there's less than Nothing. It's possible. Just introduce yourself to him. I held on for so damn long, and there's absolutely nothing there. There never has been. Even if he said there was, it was a lie.

And the fact that I am finally understanding this, is how I'm getting over him.

No comments: