Sunday, November 9, 2008

Need can be confused with Love.

I believe that in order to be "heartbroken" one would have to had given up their heart, their mind, their soul to someone they were completely in love with. You'd have to give your heart, trust that one person with your world in their hands. Feel comfortable enough to unlock your mind, and share all of your secrets with that "special" someone you love. You'd have to empty your soul into this person. Let no barriers block what energy passes between you. What you feel when you're lying with this person, giving up your heated passion for each other. I've never been in love. I've never given someone as much as I should in any relationship. At one point, I believed I was on my way towards love. I put my heart into his hands, I shared secrets I never told anyone, I trusted him with absolutely everything. I felt security in his arms. But I could never call it love, I could never call him mine. I have no excuse for my feelings. I can't explain them, but I know I won't say I'm heartbroken. To be heartbroken, I'd had to have had a time when I expressed myself as if I was in love. And I have never been in love.

"without the possibility of pain there can be no joy, no real love."

No comments: